From Houston area TV News Station
* Do you have any digital publishing skills?
* Houw about apps- what’s your experience? Which ones do you use the most?
* What do you know about social media?
* What do you know about writing for the web? Have you done it? How it is different than what we do for broadcast news?
* Have you had a chance to check out our (insert TV station name here) apps?
* We have a news app, weather app and alarm clock app. What are your impressions?
* Do you believe the web should change the way television stations do journalism?
* How do you feel about a job that may change – new responsibilities and tasks that may not even exist yet?
Other Questions you could be asked
* Why do you want to be a journalist?
* What are your interests?
* Why do you want to work in broadcast journalism and not on newspapers?
* What personal qualities do you have that you feel would make you a good journalist?
* Who is your favorite journalist? Why?
* Describe yourself in two minutes.
* What do you think of the state of American journalism?
* What aer the differences between BBC and ITN news coverage?
* What books/magazines/newspapers do you read?
* What are the most important things you have learned from your work experience?
* Can you work under pressure? Give an example.
* How do you follow major news stories?
* How would you obtain a local story?
* Why do you want to intern here?
* Which classes do you like the most and least?
* What do you expect this position to be like?
* Why should we hire you?
* What’s your goal with this internship?
* Tell me about some of your school involvements and how they relate to this job.
* What are your salary expectations?
* What are your plans after graduation?
* Why did you pick your major/minor?
* What are some trends that have occured in media in the past few years?
* Be up to date on current affairs
* Make sure you have plenty of questions to ask since the interview centers around you being proactive