We started with a great idea and tons of enthusiasm.
EGMN (El Gato Media Network) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit dedicated to developing college students into communication professionals. Since 2008, EGMN has provided hands-on leadership experience in journalism, media production, social media, public relations and photography.
Placing students in media
Over 25 recent graduates and 50 current students benefit from EGMN’s strong relationships with industry professionals, media outlets and professional associations which enables them to expand their professional possibilities.
EGMN students have received numerous scholarships, competitive internships and gained entrance into rigorous media training programs. Our growing network of graduates have garnered such positions as social media coordinator, multimedia editor, reporter and much more.
- 2010 Associated Collegiate Press Online Newspaper of the Year finalist
- Publisher of The Venture, a bilingual collegiate newspaper at four different colleges. Circulation: 4,000
- Received 40% of the scholarships offered by the Houston Association of Hispanic Media professionals for three straight years.
- 100% college graduation rate among EGMN staff.
- Largest collection of Hispanic media students in Texas. They specialize in reporting, media production, PR, social media and photography.
- Our content regularly outperforms the content generated by university affiliated publications / networks.